Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:29:23 -0400
From:         "Dr.Chris" <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW Campground Review Page - Newfoundland, Seabreeze Park
Comments: To: Paul Guzyk <paullist@guzyk.com>

And if you're in Twillingate be sure to check out Dildo Run Provincial Park, I stayed there with my Girlfriend in 2004. Most of the sites are right on the water, what an amazing view!

Chris

On 10/4/06, Paul Guzyk <paullist@guzyk.com> wrote: > >Yeah, but who needs a campground in Newfoundland? The entire island is a > >VW-friendly haven, you can camp anywhere you please, pop your top, and talk > >to the locals who will welcome you to The Rock! Even on the streets of St. > >John's! > > Joy is right, there are a million SAFE places to camp for FREE in > Newfoundland. A few places are former campgrounds, others are simply > natural. Some are just gravel pits, but even they can be beautiful. > The accepted rule in Newfoundland is that you can camp anywhere you > like unless there is a sign that specifically says "no camping." > > We especially liked Seabreeze Park near Twillingate NL. (and yes, it > was free...read full review and see over a dozen photos on Larry's > campground review site). We went a little crazy with the photos, we > were hoping one of them would be worthy of this years calendar. > http://www.roadhaus.com/campresults.php?state=55 > > While at Seabreeze we met a family of locals who were picnicking. > They told us "a couple weeks ago there was a VW van like yours but > blue up on the same cliff". Anyway, the family ended up inviting us > to their home for brunch, then offered us showers, laundry, > dishwashing etc. Newfoundland hospitality rocks! (pun intended). > > Paul & Dot >