Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Oct 2006 03:43:16 -0400
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Larry's up and running...Re: S.O.S. Vanagon stuck 20 miles N
              of Orlando in Maitland, FL
Comments: To: David Bohannan <fjazzbass@gmail.com>

Nice rescue Dave! That is one of my favorite things about the VW community. I hope I never need to use that kindness but I look forward to the day I can assist someone in need.

Good Job!

On 10/5/06, David Bohannan <fjazzbass@gmail.com> wrote: > > All, > > I just got back from Larry...I don't know why I brought it along, but I > pulled the ECU out of my vanagon... > > While I was on my trip over there (~70 miles) Larry called and said he > knew > for sure they were getting spark but they weren't getting fuel out of the > injectors...his reasoning thought it would be the ECU... > > Long story short, its fixed...ECU did the trick... > > Time for some ice cream and then back to bed...whilst comparing engine > bays > I noticed my fuel lines (replaced in 2/05 and re-tightened about a month > ago) leaking in the center...ARGH!!! > > Tried tightening again, but I am gonna have to scrutinize a bit further > tomorrow AM... > > Thanks so much everyone for recommendations and Sam for sending the files > on... > > Dave > > On 10/4/06, AAG - Larry Word <word_aag@comcast.net> wrote: > > > > Calling all rescuers! > > > > 1985 Vanagon 1.9L gas model. In middle of trip, will not crank. > > > > Intermitent starting problem noticed before this 1000 mile trip. > > > > Suspect bad ignition module. > > > > Please call Larry @ 404-579-3646 if you have parts, advice, or info. > about > > local options. > > > > This group is my only hope! :\ :) > > I'm anxiously awaiting your call. > > > > PLEASE BROADCAST THIS TO OTHER RELATED VW/RESCUE GROUPS > > > > > > -- > Dave - KC9FYM > http://fjazzbass.blogspot.com >

-- Thanks,

Jeff 90' Carat (It's Blue, It's Beautiful, It needs a lot of work) 86' (Soon to be donating organs to the 90') 85' GL (sidelined but to be resurected in the near future)