Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Oct 2006 08:54:45 -0700
From:         TC <trclark@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Spare pasrt you gotta lug around ..Re: Larry's up and
              running...Re: S.O.S. Vanagon stuck 20 miles N  of Orlando in
              Maitland, FL

>Luckily, when one failed 1,000 miles from home, > I had a spare under the seat. Yah after my little mis-adventure of leaving my spare dist at home this last weekend it had new re-affirrmed my belief that driving this 20+ yrs old box you gotta have 1 of each of the following under the rear seat (this all unders my rear seat, except I got a new fuel pump/water pump so those are out )

they dont have to be new just get me home parts from flea bay / samba Qty Price Used New 1-ECU 40 1-Idle contrrol stablizer 40 1-Ignition Control Module 42 1-Distributor (prefer with New Hall Sender) 45 1-New Rotor // New Cap 5/8 1-Coil 55 1-Alternator with extra pulley pre-mounted 55 2-Relays Fuel/Main from black box 10 4-plugs 8 1-Ignition wire set 35 3-feet of the skinny vacum hose 5 1-Fuel Pump 160 1-Water pump 55 Real bonus AFM/StarterMotor bit tool big ?? and the usual gum & tooth picks to glue is together :)

so that is gonna run ya 500-700 under the rear seat but you just know everyone of the parts is gonna bite ya