Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:15:30 -0400
From:         AAG - Larry Word <word_aag@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      A Great Vanagon.com rescue SUCCESS story.....
Comments: cc: "Larry W. Word" <lword@irr.com>

Hello Fellow Vanagon members...

Sometimes all of us folks that put up with older cars need a reason to BE PROUD OF OUR VANAGONS - this is one such story!! Just wanted to write a short note of THANKS for all the folks that saved my week/trip yesterday.

Short story for those "uninformed": I'm in Maitland, Fl., from Ga., to attend a once-in-career week long course M-F w/ exam Sat.

And I'm staying at State Park 2 exits away from course because no $. Anyway Wed. a.m. my trusty Vanagon stumbles and I end up spending

$65 (my return home $) on taxis that day to "gitterdone" and be in class. My entire week (and next raise.) is on the line w/o much hope..

Then I place a call into the vanagon.com guys and within minutes, literally minutes, John from Ga. is advising me expertly on what to do. Next several folks tell me of local "rescue" people and I spend next 1-2 hrs. calling for advise, options, etc. When the VW dust settles, I have 2 "knights in shining armor" coming to my aid - one from Maitland area and one who was good enough to drive 1-hr. both ways to bring me the ECU my 1985 needed to open the F. injector properly so she'd run..

Today was great & normal and "life is good"/the universe is in balance. All THANKS TO GROUP'S COMBINED EFFORTS. I'll never swap my VW's engine for another cause this quality advise/parts/etc. could not occur with a Subbie engine, I'm afraid.... ( 1991 entire subbie car for sale... :))

Anyway I'm a vanagon.com fan like never before, am located in Tucker, Ga., and have place, parts, and advice if I can ever be of assistance to anyone, please email...THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL WHO HELPED, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...THANKS

Larry

Georgia

Ps. The ECU, in my case, made the F. injector "fire" the fuel into the cylinder and also "corrected" my idle so it does affect the AFM? Can anyone discuss what exactly the ECU does - its obviously opens F. injectors and does something with the AFM, what?

Have a good week - I know I will....If the world worked like the Vanagon.com list group, it would be a better place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry W. Word