Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:48:51 -0700
From:         Resiolute <resiolute@COPPER.NET>
Subject:      First maiden trip over a few miles

We have the 1985 Vanagon GL that I bought from the salvage yard. We have had to go through almost everything. We ahve made short 5 and 6 mile trips with out too much trouble. We have been havng problems with the left bank of injectors not putting gas into the cylinders. I have them working half the time if not more, and probably three cylinders most of the time if not all four. We took a fourty mile trip in it this afternoon, it's first since the resurection..lol..! It's now easy to tell when I'm running on 2, 3 or all four by the muffler sound... and that is still an intermittent problem. Losing one or two( We have worked with the grounds quite a lot ).cylinders on the left bank.

Also the syncronizing gear on secod gear, seems a bit worn, I have felt it a couple of times on shift. I imagine that is next on the list for tear down, and the shifting is very tight, again I assume it's the rubber gromments it slides in.

Except for those problems the Volkswagen experience is most exciting. I cannot ocunt the folks who wave or give a thumbs up.. course they may have been watching the poor little thing on the salvage yard lot too...and know what it is...and are glad it's on the road again.?

I appreciate all advice in advance..!! Lyle Lathem 1985 Vanagon GL