Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Oct 2006 23:34:37 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: bURNINGvAN
Comments: To: Mike Miller <mwmiller@cwnet.com>

On 10/1/06, Mike Miller <mwmiller@cwnet.com> wrote: > > Yeah. Like there IS any information on bURNINGvAN. If anyone knows > anything > please tell Eldon, BenT or I cause we'd really like to know. > > Dazed and Confused in California, or is that redundant? > > Mike

Go get 'em Mikey.

Brian, we don't want to let you down if you are confusing bURNING vAN with Burningman. BM was coincidentally founded near where we hold BV. BM was at Baker Beach. BV is at Ocean Beach. Both in San Francisco.

This is really a small winter Vanagon event that Mike Miller and I use as an excuse to get together with some of the guys over the winter months when there are typically no VW car shows or events going on. We usually start late in the afternoon and have a huge bonfire to cap the evening. Some of the fires have gotten so big that many other beachgoers migrated to our fire. One winter we handed the fire over to a couple of dozen Catholic school girls looking to get into trouble. I think that was when Eldon took what must have been 100 feet of redwood fencing he had just taken down and used it for fuel. We had a firedancer on one event. She was attracted by the 12-foot tall fire from our bonfire. There's fire juming that night too. Ouch! We've had people wanting to make their own fires end up in our event. One night this smaller group dragged their giant tree stumps that they were planning to use in their own "bad-ss" fire. They figured their tree trunls could not rival our humungous fire so might as well join in. Yes, we've had crazy guys doing things which aren't so kosher such as using accelerants and flammable metals.... that's another story. I plead the 5th. Anyway, it's cool to drop in if you're in the neighborhood. I wouldn't drive crosscountry just for this. SyncroMog does show up on occasion. There is also a red Testarossa which comes in sometimes.

BenT

Van-O-Rama #7 is coming on the Saturday after Labor Day.