Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Oct 2006 16:11:51 -0700
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      Announcement - VW Campground Review Page is alive

Volks,

I'm very pleased to Announce a new feature on Roadhaus.com ........

A Campground Review Database specially designed for the VW Camper Community.

See it here,

http://www.roadhaus.com/camp.php

Submit a campground review and you will automatically receive the Password for the database.

- - -

There are lots of RV Campground Review sites on the internet and in published books. But we are a unique community and what we want in a Campsite can differ greatly from the RV Crowd. Before today. There was no tool that met our needs.

To properly understand our diverse communities preferences for the perfect campsite, I surveyed various VW lists and groups.

Some want remote & free camps, some scenic with a few amenities and some want every amenity possible. This new campground review tool is targeted at all those categories and asks questions that will help the traveler find the perfect camp.

It's my hope that this tool grows and grows like the VW Shops, Tire Reviews and Camp Recipes databases, so that it becomes a significant tool to help folks looking for a peaceful weekend or a long duration cross country trip.

The goal is to identify every type of campsite possible so that there is something for everyone.

But that will be up to you .... I've created the tool but now we need campground reviews, more reviews and even more reviews to fill it up.

The US, Canada and Mexico ... everywhere and every type of camp.

Free to expensive, 2wd or 4wd access, remote wilderness or innber city.

Please fill in as much of the form as possible ... But if you don't know the info in a requirement field .. Just enter a "Blank Space" so that the form can be accepted and your review published.

A very special thanks you to Maggie Dew, Tom Myers, Peter Bergin and Karl & Stephanie Wolz for testing the Beta version of this tool and helping me find what I hope were the last remaining bugs. I think we have it pretty well sorted out, but please bear with me if you find a few more. Give me the feedback and I will fix them as quickly as possible. Lastly a huge thank you to Ben Wampler whom I have never met ... A long time VW Bus owner who translated by ideas into code and put up with my endless stream of design criteria, changes and tweaks. You dah Man "Ben".

Please begin submitting your campsite info today and keep em coming.

- - -

Why is this Campground Review Database password protected?

One of the design suggestions I received was to limit access to like minded VW and other small platform Van enthusiasts. A few folks were worried that if everybody on the interest had access to this info, some of our special camp sites could get overrun or abused. By keeping the data within a like minded community we can better protect and preserve our favorite spots. good road, good adventure, good life, larry chase www.roadhaus.com soon to be roadhaus.org