Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Oct 2006 03:48:35 +0000
From:         Dave Vickery <davevickery@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: how works the westy sink pump?
Comments: To: vanagon@FRONTLEFTSPEAKERPOSSE.COM

It does matter what year you had, because they changed from a below tank pump to an in tank pump. The in tank pump should be as normal sucking from a jerry can or whatever, really wont' matter where it is located. Distance matters some. Maybe the leads are reversed? If the pump runs and the little propeller at the bottom looks o.k. and spins free the pump should be fine. Check the pump with another hose and just put power to it and see if it puts out the expected amout of water. Maybe a clogged hose? My pump went bad by having the propeller come loose and it spun but caught and it was obvious something was wrong from the flow. You can't let that pump freeze while there is stil water in the tank. Reminds me, I have to empty my tank...

Dave in Denver