Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:01:52 -0700
Subject:      The conclusion of my R-TDI Westfalia Project!
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com, TDI-conversion@yahoogroups.com,
          Vanagon-VAG-EngConv@yahoogroups.com

I figured I should get off my duff and post the conclusion to my R-TDI conversion and extensive body work done to my 1986 Westfalia. I have about 5000 km on the swap now and it is one very nice and very fast vehicle. Now that I have my turbo dialed in correctly (actuator preloading) and my nozzles have broken in the fuel consumption has settled out in the 9.1L per 100km at 110km/h range which is 26 us mpg at 70 mph. That&rsquo;s not bad for an engine that delivers 460Nm / 350ft.lbs of torque at 2100 to 3200rpm and can push a 2800kg / 6100lb camper to 165km/h / 100mph ! Besides the engine work there is 77h worth of body work to get rid of every speck of rust and to ensure that it won&rsquo;t appear for another 20 years. http://www.hasenwerk.ca/syncrortdi/default.shtml is the direct link to the web site. David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. Quesnel, BC Canada

Internet http://www.fastforward.ca Email sales@fastforward.ca