Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Oct 2006 06:26:46 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dynamic Solar Panel
Comments: To: Mike Bucchino <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>

That is 150 amps at 240 volts. 36,000 watts. A 12 volt inverter would need 3,000 amps to make that juice. Imagine the battery bank needed for that. Also imagine the bill if you ever used all that power. Here on Long Island, electricity is ~ 20 cents/kw after the taxes and surcharges. That would be $7.20/hour.

Dennis