Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:59:47 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] [F] Cool Vanagon Sticker!!!
Comments: To: Matt Drew <t3vanagon@GMAIL.COM>

If you have have the facilities, YOU can make as many of these logos as you want ........... as long as they are for your personal use and you do not sell them or otherwise make a profit from them. It's pretty easy to make them. All you need is some tracing paper, some vinyl or the right colors, and an X-acto knife.

I have several CD's with nothing but corporate Logo's on them. These are legitimate to use, as they were part of a software package that was sold on the open market. But unfortuantely there is nothing like this on the CD's.

My $0.02

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Matt Drew wrote: > I completely understand. > > I'm obviously not a lawyer, nor an expert on copyright infringement by > ANY > stretch of the imagination . . . and I actually thought of this while > "speaking" to this guy (a few email volleys) and checking out his > website. > > In all honesty, I'm VERY surprised that he hasn't been slapped with a > C.A.D. > order - he's got TONS of logo decals that he cuts himself. > > Everyone from Alpine, Denon, Fosgate, VW, Clarion, Hot Wheels . . . > TONS of > 'em! > > ALL great reasons why I am glad that (listen up all you lawyers out > there) > I am in NO WAY affiliated with this guy! > > > So, uh . . . I can still (ahem) buy the sticker . . . . can't I? > > > :o) > > > -Matt > '90 GL "Blackbeard" > > > I can personally vouch for what Kathleen says below. In the late 90s, > Rex > Eastman of Vintage Wheels fame made the same type of "Hot Wheels" Sticker > and both he and I (I was selling them at VW Shows and online as well) > were > hauled into court jointly by both Mattel (owner of Hot Wheels) and > Volkswagen for this. I can assure you this was not and is still not > licensed and they will come after the maker with a vengeance. He will not > last long doing this. I'm still smarting from the legal fees :-( > >