Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:28:53 -0400
From:         Tabe Johnson <greentabe-vanagon@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 89 backfires, sputters when warm. MYSTERY problem!!

Interesting: A mystery person with a mystery problem!

It very much sounds like an oxy sensor problem because of the 30 seconds of good running. Have you, nameless one, checked the shielding insulation around the O2 sensor wire? You might also have a bad oxy sensor.

tabe johnson/87 westy PS - We have lots of experts. I can't speak for them, but they may get tired of answering the same questions over and over. Have you checked the archives?