Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:12:47 -0700
From:         roger sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Question about the late 1985 Vanagon

This Vanagon has the cast iorn lower control arm suspension. I can see that it is different from 86, onward to 91, in one way.The heavier sway bar from the early vanagon(21mm vs 19mm) is retained. Also, I think the brake calipers are the older ones ,too. SA big brakes wont fit like on the 86?? This would mean that the spindels are unique to the late 85. Not identical to the 86 spindels ,and not like the 84 or early 85 spindels. Is this true?

This is a low mileage vanagon(62K). I tried and tried to get title. Couldnt.I had this Vanagon ready to pass Md inspection. Now the county wants it. I am busting it up!!! A sad loss for me.Your gain. Lots of low mileage stuff avaliable .

Thanks, Roger