Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:54:43 -0400
From:         Joe Federici <joefederici@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Westy Winter Camping Suggestions..

I'd say the same. My adventurewage has a everest star heater in it and I've camped in it year round without any problems of being cold. If propane becomes an issue just add an extend a stay inline to the propane heater and use either a 20 lbs bbq tank or smaller 1ibs colman disposable tanks.

JFF

On Oct 17, 2006, at 9:06 AM, BJ Feddish wrote:

>> Besides the above, any suggestions of other things that we could do >> to do some winter camping in the Westy? <<

I feel very strongly about not using un-vented propane heaters in a small space for any length of time. If you are going to do allot of winter camping then invest in a vented heater like the Propex. I have one that was from a group purchase on this list maybe 10 years ago. A web search turns up http://www.van-cafe.com/vanagon_parts.jsp? pa=p&p=1206396154&pct=950274116&ct =1601381721 . I remember at the time we purchased this there were other vented heater options available but I don't remember what they were.

The Propex is expensive but it's up there with one of the best purchases I've made for the van. Porta-Potty of course being #1. :)

Bryan