Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:58:47 -0700
From:         Pat Little <redtail@CABLESPEED.COM>
Subject:      What tires for 91 Westy?

I recently bought a nice 91 Westy and have been driving it around on short and medium trips. Now I'm preparing for longer jaunts and want to get better tires before I set out. I plan on driving a lot of driving dirt roads and probable mountain snow conditions.

The tires I have now are Jupiter SV-820 185R14 C, and the spare is different - a Michelin MXL 205/70R14

The symptoms I have which I would like to change are: - van sways in crosswinds or behind large trucks - tread noise when on smooth surfaces - lots of noise traveling on dirt roads or Seattle's badly eroded concrete highways