Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:10:07 +0000
From:         joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon spring rate color coding for different models...READ!!
Comments: To: westyman71@YAHOO.COM

I have an '85 Wolfsburg Westy myself. The front end was really high, even with a full tank and two adults, and the rear sagged horribly.

I got a set of springs from a '91 GL and put them on. Lowered the ride height but, even with Airlift bags in the rear springs, the rear end was really low.

So, I left the GL springs in the front and put the original '85 springs back in the rear along with the airlift bags.

The ride height is lower but not too low, and level with a load:

www.josephtrussell.com/Transporter.html

So, if anybody needs any '85 front springs or '91 rear springs, let me know!

Joe T. Denver

_________________________________________________________________ Share your special moments by uploading 500 photos per month to Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features