Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:59:25 -0700
From:         Nathaniel Poole <npoole@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      Engine options

What would your opinion be about a block that comes from the Bug Shop? The guy I talked to there says they have rebuilt thousands of these engines over many years, and that the block would come with a warranty if they do the work. In terms of my goals, I want to go on a long trip with my wife next year for about 6-8 months, and after that I probably will sell the van when we move aboard our sailboat. Although I got the van for a very good price, I'm wary of spending 3 grand on a long block for one season. But like you say, I could keep pumping money into it if I don't go the smart route. And I don't want to be left stranded on the side of the road, either.