Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:14:41 -0400
From:         Todd Olson <todd.olson@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      FW: Fiberglass Work in the Chicago Area
Comments: cc: Matt Drew <t3vanagon@gmail.com>

Hello Fellow Volks Folks,

I am posting this message for a fellow bus brother that is looking for someone that is good with fiberglass repair on Vanagon bumpers in the Chicago area. If you know of someone that you would recommend please email Matt Drew at t3vanagon@gmail.com Thank you as always for your wonderful help!

Wishing you many miles of smiles!

Todd Olson

Buses By the Beach

Coming Events:

Bus BRR! February 10th - 11th 2007 Angola, IN

Bus Benefit! May 18th - 20th 2007 Grand Rapids, MI

Bus Boo! September 14th - 16th 2007 Grand Rapids, MI

For more information go to: <file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\HP_Administrator\Application%20Data\M icrosoft\Signatures\www.busesbythebeach.com> www.busesbythebeach.com

_____

From: Matt Drew [mailto:t3vanagon@gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:54 PM To: todd.olson@charter.net Subject: Fiberglass Work

Hey Todd-

As you are in my "neck of the woods" I'm hoping you can help me out with something.

I'm trying to get my fiberglass reconditioned - specfically the rear bumper and 2 side-skirting pieces, as they require the most attention.

I went to a shop today and talked with a guy who actually LIVED in the town that my van came from (which is a big deal, since it's such a TINY town) and he quoted me $540 to repair the peeling material and repaint the 3 pieces.

I'm wondering if you have ANY suggestions that would be less expensive (short of 'arranging' a fender-bender).

Know anyone around (G-Rap to Chicago) who reconditions fiberglass and can help me out?

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

P.S. Here are some pics from this past weekend of me and my "brand new" Vanagon.

Looking forward to hearing back!