Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:54:55 -0700
From:         mad madeline <mac10wv@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Van Break in

I manage parking lots. The one thing I can say is it does not matter if the vehicle is locked or unlocked. If something interests the thief inside the car, they will open the unlocked door or break the window... even if they need it just for transportation. They will do whatever it takes to get what they see they want. We have people that leave laptops and purses in the front seat or back, and wonder why their car window was smashed. I recently recovered an expensive backpack purse from a garage, and come to find out when the victim recovered it, she said she just had her gym clothes in it... but it was sitting on the back seat. All that glass expense for gym clothes? The only time my car was broken into was in Cambridge... when I had it parked in a spot I rented by the month behind an old Greek widow's house. It was a nice west coast stereo waiting for a new owner. Realized later the whole thing was a set up. The next stereo had a removable face plate and I found a better place to rent. We also always close all the curtains and lock our van when parked for awhile. I figure it deters someone from taking a chance on entering... maybe someone is sleeping in there!

Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET> wrote: With this kind of logic, it is fair to say, that unlocked cars make honest people break in. Although I agree not to temp the ones, who are only honest half of the time, with the open door policy. We usually don't have much valuables in our vans. But the guys who practically live in theirs do have a lot of personal items that they would miss badly. Thieves take a lot of stuff, they sort it out later and throw away the rest. The last time my van was broken in it was next to the Vatican. They did take an expensive video camera, but I only miss the tapes I made on the trip. They left the crystals and clothes and the broken lock behind. Of course, we did not report it to the Italian police, that would have been a total waste of time. Just like here. It would be nice to have something that would stop them. Any good ideas? Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Geo & Kathleen Hahn" To: Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 8:35 AM Subject: Re: Van Break in

> VOLKSFIX wrote: > >> ...Also I don't lock it, yes I said I don't lock it! > > > Me too. Locks only keep honest people out. > > Geo > > > > -- > No virus found in this outgoing message. > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.1.408 / Virus Database: 268.13.3/474 - Release Date: 10/13/2006 > > > -- > No virus found in this incoming message. > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.1.408 / Virus Database: 268.13.4/476 - Release Date: > 2006.10.14. >

Mad Madeline '87 Westie - Milko 3 10th VW Van 14th VW vehicle 1000's of memories

--------------------------------- Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com