Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:22:32 -0400
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Westy Winter Camping Suggestions..(NVC)

Well, actually I don't know much about the impacts of alcohol, though I doubt that it dilutes blood vessels. Probably doesn't dilute blood, either.

{spelling geek at work!!!}

And I wouldn't search the Vanagon archives for into on caffeine - I'd try googling caffeine!

But yeah, if you drink spiked hot chocolate before bed in the winter in Alaska, do make sure to use your down comforter!

Joy

p.s. It is Friday, isn't it? Did this make any sense?

:::-----Original Message----- :::From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM] On Behalf :::Of Sam Walters :::Sent: Friday, October 20, 2006 6:14 PM :::To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM :::Subject: Re: Westy Winter Camping Suggestions..(NVC) ::: :::Maybe this isn't a heretical suggestion after all. As much as Joy likes :::coffee, a well documented fact, if you search the archives (smile Joy), :::I am sure that "cut the caffeine" doesn't mean to go without it :::altogether, but to limit / lessen the intake "if your hands and feet are :::cold," as she wrote and before bed so you won't be working at a :::circulatory deficit when trying to stay warm under the covers. ::: :::And, IIRC, I think that the alcohol dilutes the blood vessels not :::constricts them, so I doubt that Joy will offer the same advice. But I :::think that this creates a false sense of warmth at the skin sometimes :::causing people to underdress, (and in football crowds partially undress) :::to their possible detriment. ::: :::So, if you drink a bunch of spiked hot chocolate and think about going :::to sleep in the Vanagon during the Alaskan winter with just a sheet over :::you, remember that your body may be playing tricks on you. Of course, :::by then you may not care. ::: :::Sam ::: :::-- :::Sam Walters ::: :::Baltimore, MD