Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Oct 2006 10:19:04 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: fuel sender: replace with tank?
Comments: To: Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET>

Hi Mike,

The red area on a VW gauge indicates you are on your last 4 gallons. It's been that way ever since the first gauges were added to beetles and buses in the 60's.

If you're adding 11 gallons when you hit the red zone, the gauge is operating correctly.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts 1973/74/75/77/79 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato" www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia www.busesofthecorn.com