Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:04:47 -0700
From:         jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Strange electrical problem: Headlights don't work (among
              other things)

I'll reply to my own message: it appears that the ignition switch may be bad. After spending some "quality time" with Bentley, the X (18) relay is not operating when the key is on. It does operate when voltage is backfed when the brights are on.

To test this theory, I held the brights on (they still don't latch, so that is a different problem) and all the X loads operated (defogger, fan, etc).

Still doesn't explain the gas gauge, but that may be a different problem.

I'm still quite open to suggestions and comments, though!

Jon

Of course, I'll check the wiring first, but that looks like it.