Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:49:36 -0700
From:         Mark C <obeechi@RUNBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Weekender curtains?
Comments: To: jpbeauch@GMAIL.COM

I got mine from GoWesty, theirs is a different part number than BusDepot.. and theirs has a mid curtain that seperates front seats from the mid area... the material is crummy though, and the snaps are not of a quality as good as found at Westmarine... Sunbrella material is better.. so you could use Gowesty's as a template for a sunbrella replacement... although I had to add snap extensions to make the gowesty curtains fit on the rear and one and the driver side... and for the passenger side I had the length cut in half, so that the curtain moves with the sliding door...

The curtains are behind glass with tint.. so now now my tint looks limo-like and you can't see the curtains from the outside...

For the mid area, I ended up buying a curtain rod and had a sunbrella two part curtain made with a sleve for the rod, and I have string running through the rod and have tied each end of the string to the coat hanger plastic round parts on either side... and I used brown packing tape to tape the curtain rod so the two pieces its made of don't slide and change the length...

From: JP <jpbeauch@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Weekender curtains?

----- End Original Message -----