Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:03:51 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Anyone repaired plastic coolant tubes??
Comments: To: Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>

I just wanted to mention that I first had a problem with leaking three years ago from one of the front hose connections. I tightened it, wrote the problem off to having the car up north in 18 degree weather, and drove on for a year. Then it leaked again, same place. I removed the hose and saw that the metal was in place but the plastic around it had split to pieces, allowing the coolant leak. I removed the broken plastic, sanded the metal, and recreated the missing plastic and flange out of JB weld, which wasn't have but was like using a very loose modeling clay. I put the JB weld around the metal pipe, more or less to the height of the plastic, and wrapped it with packing tape to make it smooth with the plastic. I came back a second time and fashioned the flange at the end.

That's been two years and not a drop out of it.

Jim