Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Oct 2006 18:50:22 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      1.9 problems

Hello In response to my previous post, i charged the battery, and drove it to AutoZone. Once i got it there, it died. With a jump we were able to get it going again, but they were unable to test the battery in the car or the alternator (recently replaced). The car proceeded to loose power, run poorly, and die multiple times along the 2 mile journey home. Each time, a jump was required to get it going. We then removed the battery and took it to Autozone to have them test. after 45 min of testing they proved the battery to be in good shape.

Yet the battery still seems to need to be recharged in order to have any power, theres a load on it somewhere. However, we cant find the load. Any ideas upon common areas for this?

Driving the car with a very low battery (that doesnt seem to recharge as we drive.....) results in very poor running conditions and loss of power. The idle is very rough and sometimes very high, other times far to low. If you lay off the gas at any point, you risk the car dieing.

I have the battery with a fresh charge ready to be reinstalled, what should i test from here?

-Craig Cowan -85 Sunroof Vanagon