Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:10:22 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Golf Cart Batteries
Comments: To: JP <jpbeauch@GMAIL.COM>

Either you are miss interpreting something or they are only mechanics with no electrical knowledge. There is some truth that an alternator based charging system can not properly charge cycling batteries. This is because some intelligence is needed to provide a proper 3 stage charging cycle. Charging batteries also takes time. The alternator will try real hard to supply fixed voltage. The current absorbed by the battery will be determined by the state of charge, charge acceptance, and suitability of the wiring and relays between the alternator and the charger. A quality, 110v charger is a good investment to desulphate and really top off the batteries when home or when park power is available.

Dennis