Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:22:58 -0500
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: need advice
Comments: To: Reilly828@AOL.COM

Hi Mary,

If they were able to get it "purring like a kitten" after the tank install then you think that they would be able to get it running for you when you come to pick it up. At the very least they could put a charger on it for you.

You need more data about the rake failure: Are they seized? is the pedal squishy? is it leaking somewhere? Is the fluid low? $20-$40 to pay for a brake inspection wouldn't be unreasonable, and would be a value-added item to help sell the vehicle. Once you know more about the problem you will have a better idea of how to deal with it. Towing it to another shop might be a good idea.

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts 1973/74/75/77/79 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato" www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia www.busesofthecorn.com