Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:39:39 -0500
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Installing new manifolds
Comments: To: Steven Smith <kewsps@YAHOO.COM>

a couple of questions is the manifold stock type dansk or S&S are you using a 30 mm length bolt and a washer or is it a lock washer is the new hardware stainless is the cat converter new or used could it be plugged or if it is new is the muffler old and is it clogged from the junk that came out of the old cat

I us a self locking nut at the 2 into one connection where the headers bolts to the collector pipe silicone sealant can react with the 02 sensor But the right silicone is not a bad idea

Bob Donalds Boston Engine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Smith" <kewsps@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 3:08 PM Subject: Installing new manifolds