Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:07:48 -0500
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Painting and Window Trim
Comments: To: Paul Terry <paulterry@EARTHLINK.NET>

Hey Paul, and welcome here!

I do body work lately, the full job... removing everything, all black trims are painted black, an here, up north, i have to deal with rust issue.

This job: http://www.benplace.com/88rouge.htm

I charge 3700$, the van had rust issue and the front end was dammage (2 base

coat and 3 clear coat) For a non-rusty van and no dents, i would probably charge around 2500-3000 and still paint everything that is black on the car, also, we use expensive windows masking tape by 3M: http://www.benplace.com/84westy/brune%2058.jpg http://www.benplace.com/84westy/brune%2060.jpg

Expensive stuff, but it make such a nice job around the windows, ask for it!!!

It's almost as fast to remove every trims, grills, handle and so on than to mask everything.

Just find a good body guys, not the corner shop but the behind!!!

Understand that a super cheap job... like 1000 is a shitty job, it will not last and it will show up close! some people care, some don't

Good luck, Ben http://www.benplace.com/bjp_travaux.htm

------------------------------------------------------------ I’m a new member and hope you can respond to two topics that I am considering for my newly purchased 1991 Vanagon:

1) Painting – The interior and mechanical condition are very good, but the

paint is awful (no rust, just faded badly). I have received 2 quotes, one from Maaco ($1700) and another from a local guy who paints show cars and would take off the bumpers, etc and make it look new, but he wants $3,000. What is a good range fore the costs? I do plan to hold on to the bus.