Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Nov 2006 17:01:12 -0500
From:         Ed Duntz <eduntz@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: fuel hose sizes from tank to after pump
Comments: To: dhaynes@optonline.net

My '85 with original tank and '87 with replacement both have the same size outlet.

What I don't understand about your response is this: The fuel pump inlet and outlet are two different sizes. The "old" prefilter inlet is the same size as the fuel pump outlet. So how could one size hose fit everything?

Ed ----- Original Message ----- From: dhaynes@optonline.net To: Ed Duntz Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 4:50 PM Subject: Re: fuel hose sizes from tank to after pump

The pump inlet hoses are 11 mm, not 13 mm. The 86 and and later used a filter that was 11 mm on both ends. At first service, the filter supposed to be removed and repalced with a straight hose. It sounds like your 87 does not have the original tank so someone did the hose within hose trick.

----- Original Message ----- From: Ed Duntz Date: Friday, November 3, 2006 4:36 pm Subject: fuel hose sizes from tank to after pump To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM