Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Nov 2006 14:40:09 -0500
From:         Bostig Eng <syncrolist@BOSTIG.COM>
Subject:      Re: AFM Voltage Ratios
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

You aren't considering density. Dennis is correct in that you still need TPS and IAT to do the proper calc if you wanted to retrofit and feed a signal into the bosch ECU that it could use.

We have data from a bunch of AFMs as to what they flow and what voltage they read at a given flow. They aren't linear, I wish I could provide this data... BUT let me just say this... even if you have that data, it won't do anything for you. I know this is a little cryptic, but it'll make sense if we can ever *@#(*^$!@ release our LMU and some of our development info.

I'm pestering Matt (who is our electronics guy) to deliver on the next rev of our boards, but he's been swamped on a project that actually delivers money at his other job, so we lose in terms of priority. If we scrap the project, I'll make everything we learned public domain (which may also happen if Bostig goes non-profit anyhow)

Thanks,

Jim ________________________________________ Bostig Engineering Engine Systems Voodoo http://www.bostig.com/ 617.272.3800

-----Original Message----- From: Greg Potts [mailto:greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA] Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 2:24 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: AFM Voltage Ratios

Hi Mike,

CFM to RPM is easy... a 2.1L engine pulls 2.1L of air per RPM.

One liter = 0.0353146667 cubic feet. So a 2.1L engine at 1000 RPM pulls 74.1608 CFM

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts 1973/74/75/77/79 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato" www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia www.busesofthecorn.com