Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:37:31 -0500
From:         neil <goofymuso@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: rear backing plate/distributor
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Hi.

CPI has the back plates:

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D251%2D609%2D425%2DD

Likely other vendors have them too.

There is info in the vanagon archives covering the "big nut" topic. From what I know, it's torqued on real tight. You will need a cheater (extension) bar to help get it off. All things being equal.....

As for e-brake cables, I replaced mine (81' Air cooled) and though it was a tight fit, the cables fit into tube on back plate. I had to kinda twist them in if you know what I mean. In fact I recall **carefully** using Vice Grips to grab and twist them into tube. BTW, I assume you're refferring to the tube on back plate. Maybe you have crud/rust in tube?

Cheers,

Neil.