Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:07:54 -0800
Subject:      Re: Desperate for a High Top!
Comments: To: Jamie Auch <jamie@KOOKYMATHTEACHER.COM>

Well Volks, I have been considering selling my 1986 Syncro Westfalia Hightop with the 30.5" tall 215/85R16 tires and the uber-powerful R-TDI engine in the back, Recaro seats, digital instrumentation. Over 8K worth of body work done to it inside and out - it's a beauty and everything is done right, but, I'm getting that itch to start a new project.

I am open to offers for it, but, let's be honest here volks, it is a one of a kind vehicle that is in PERFECT condition and it's not going to be anywhere's close to the 20.000 that a typical Syncro westy sells for and in the ball park of a typical GoWesty restoration.

To see photos of the finished vehicle please see http://www.hasenwerk.ca/syncrortdi/default.shtml

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. Quesnel, BC Canada

Internet http://www.fastforward.ca Email sales@fastforward.ca

On Wed, November 1, 2006 16:12, Jamie Auch wrote: > Hi Folks, > I have fallen in love with camping in my Vanagon and would like a hightop. > Being in the USA, these tops are non existent. I'm > ready to import a hightop '82 from Europe. Greg Potts mentioned : > >> Hi Jamie, > >> > >> Have you asked the guy who bought the sportsmobile vanagon high-top > >> moulds? I think I remember reading he was going to be putting them > >> into a fresh run soon. > > Does anyone have any information on this? Does anyone have a source for > the tops? > > > > Jamie Auch > > The Kooky Math Teacher >