Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:45:09 -0800
From:         jeff seward <jockomontana@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      84 vanagon stalling

howdy...

first of all, i'd just like to say this listserv kick ass!!! thanks to everyone who's been feeding me advice on my stalling issue; its great to see a virtual community helping one another with their probs...

... so I've checked my fuel pressure: 38 psi when the fuel pump pressurizes, 30 psi when the engine cranks over... although I forgot to check with vacuum hose disconnected (is this critical?)... beginning to think my FPR is not the issue... ... my ground contacts appear solid ..(one brown wire is more oxidized then the rest but the clip remains intact to the wire)...

next course of action is to check/replace my temp II sensor... is this the two-wire plug next to the coolant hose behind the water pump pulley? and if so, do I replace the wire harness too? should I expect some coolant leakage when I bust the nut?? :)

engine still fires up and idles like a champ... doesn't appear excessively rich like I was thinking earlier (I think the cold arctic air made the exhaust seem more rich than it was).... any chance my O2 or MAF sensors could be the culprit?

the frustrating part is that the stalling is way infrequent and intermittant... you just never know...

thanks again, ~jeff 84 GL