Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Nov 2006 09:24:11 +0100
From:         Jaap Nauta <bus.mail@IAE.NL>
Subject:      Re: GoWesty extra battery wiring kit
Comments: To: jbeaulie@ND.EDU

Personally I don't like the idea of running unfused wires from battery to battery, but you are right about the voltage loss. It can make the difference between full and half-full (or half-empty :-)

I used two fuse-strips of 80A, this is the type that is bolted down, not plugged in, close to each battery (e.g. http://www.littelfuse.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/prod_type_series.html?TechnologyID=3&Family=3106 ). You migt also consider hooking up to the alternator i.s.o. the starter battery.

Jaap '87 Caravelle Diesel