Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:04:17 -0500
From:         Mike Bucchino <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Heater blower
Comments: To: Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>

I agree. It's just like, you should never lie to your doctor or your lawyer. They'll end up finding out the truth at your expense. You're paying them big money to fix your problem, and if you lie, your'e wasting their time and your money... They'll still get paid in the end; the longer it takes, the more they make. Most places will charge more to a jerk or liar. Or at least, not give them any breaks. Keeps them from coming back, unless they're a dumbass, too.

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Wilford" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2006 2:50 PM Subject: Re: Heater blower

Blower motor is either seized or the home of a mouse (seen this many times). Best to replace it ASAP. I had one customer who didn't want me to replace it, then he turned it on when going home. Got about 30 mins away and had a dash fire. I warned him not to turn the blower fan on because it was seized and when he called me to tell me about the smoke coming out of his dash my first question was, "Did you turn your blower on?" He said, "No." and I had the van towed back to my shop. I took the dash apart and sure enough the blower fan was toasty. Customers shouldn't lie to their mechanics :-)

The blower fan IS a safety item that every van must have working. If it doesn't work and you get a cool day where your windshield fog up it can cause an accident or cause you to have to pull over to the side of the road. I know there are a lot of folks out there with bad blower fans who think this is OK but it ain't and that is my eddycated opinion about it.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com http://www.eurovan.org http://www.vwcabrio.org Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242