Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:49:41 -0800
From:         dylan friedman <insyncro@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: POR15 pictures of parts/ go with por20!!!
Comments: To: robertmstewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>

I have had much better results with the hi temp por20 in the engine bay and exhaust. the silver por15 worked very well on the engine carrier and the firewall, but didn't last the way I wanted it to on the FI distributor and runners. It lasted about 2 and a half years on the exhaust, under header wrap. The por20 has been on for 2 years now and still looks like when I sprayed it. I have had a set of por20'd exhaust manifolds and j-pipe on a van through salty NY winters as well. Still look good. dylan ----- Original Message ---- From: robertmstewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2006 11:48:47 AM Subject: Re: POR15 pictures of parts Roger the photo's look great, I did not know that POR15 could be used on engine parts. I had thought the heat temp was to high. What was the painting process you used? Did you use their engine paint or is the standard POR15? Regards, -- Rob NYC/Long Beach, NY 88 Wolfsburg, Silver http://web.mac.com/rmstewart AIM: rmstewart@mac.com on 9/18/06 10:25 AM, Roger Sisler at rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM wrote: > Here are some parts I painted with POR15,over the weekend. Many are parts > that I sent to the list last week,only they haddent been painted. > > The intake manifolds are3 form Vanagon 1.6 and Jetta 1.6. The only > difference is a little cut out on the flange at the far left.I think they > will interchange. POR 15 clear and then POR15 Sterling Silver. > > The thremistat housingis from a 1.9 Finest anywhere? When I put it on ebay, > it will have new gaskets and all new highest strength bolts(10.9 grade). > All 6, and 6 washers. It is amazing how corroded this unit can get. > > The diesel parts are the mounts and oil pan. Sharp ,and they will stay that > way. Not like paint from a spary can. When the engine gets dirty,the shine > will come back when washed. > > Oil filler tubes are all the rage, now. They go for almost $100,in the > rough.Notice the new stainless steel bolts and washers. > > Fuel filter mounts for diesel Vanagon. > > Black stuff. Fuel pressure regulater.Blah ,blah, blah, pulleys,alt and a/c > compressor mount for diesel 1.6 ,radiater braces for late vanagon,shifter > mechenism for deisel jetta 5 speed,vanagon PS mount,a/c belt > adjusters,more. > > All going on ebay at http://stores.ebay.com/rdsrds123