Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:49:36 -0800
From:         Michael Hart <mjhart853@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      '85 Westy in auto repair/wrecking yard: San Jose, CA

After a long struggle with the insurance company, my '85 Westy is now resting in an auto repair/wrecking yard in San Jose CA (insurance company refused to fix it and finally totalled it) It is now 'salvage' title which will result in either it being junked or possibly 'revived salvage', since the damage leading to insurance company totalling it is actually very minor (front passenger corner is about 4" short below headlights). It would be a shame to see this Westy cannibalised, as it was a great van for the 2 years we owned it. Over that period, many, many items were replaced with new (new heads, starter, alternator, Bilstein shocks, alloy wheels, front/rear brakes, CV & steering boots, lots more...) The interior (full camper) is immaculate. There is absolutely no rust on this van (CA van, probably never been in the snow). Anyone interested in reviving this Westy (or parts) can call the new owner Max, at A German Auto in San Jose, CA (408) 993-9711. Let him know the PO told you about the van (maybe he'll be nice to me when I go there for the next round of repairs/upgrades to my 'new' '87 Westy???). I also have several items I took from the van for sale, which I'll detail in a separate lsiting. Mike '87 Westy