Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Nov 2006 07:16:13 -0800
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW Vendor review page - Request for reviews

I bookmarked this thanks.. very helpful this is like a serviceblog ;) * I see only good things coming out of this *

Joe

-----Original Message----- >From: Mike Collum <collum@VERIZON.NET> >Sent: Nov 18, 2006 6:35 AM >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >Subject: Re: VW Vendor review page - Request for reviews > >When I bought my '85 Westy in 2002, I traveled from Maine to Richmond, >VA to pick it up. My wife was visiting in Abingdon, VA which was about >300 miles from Richmond. > >To make a long story short, the westy blew it's big head gaskets 280 >miles from Richmond ... 20 miles short of where my wife was. I had it >transported that last 20 miles and proceeded to remove the heads, wheels >down. > >I called Ken at Van-Again and ordered a gasket kit among other things. >He seemingly dropped what he was doing and got right on it. As I >continued my disassembly, I found other things that needed replacement >and called Ken back. He added those things to my order but shipped them >separately as what I had ordered initially had already gone out. > >Ken was quick to offer hints, tips, and general info and was a great >resource. > >When I put everything back together, I had to dig shallow trenches below >each head so I could swing the torque wrench (wheels down, remember). > >As to Van-Again as a vendor ... I had used them before, at that time, >and since and I highly recommend them. > >Mike >Houlton, Maine >'84 GL 7 pass >'85 GL Westy > > >Kenneth Wilford wrote: >> In order write a review wouldn't be helpful to actually use the vendor and >> then make your review based on that experience? Just a question. >> >> Thanks, >> Ken Wilford >> John 3:16 >> http://www.vanagain.com >> http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com >> http://www.eurovan.org >> http://www.vwcabrio.org >> Phone: (856)-327-4936 >> Fax: (856)-327-2242 >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of >> jon >> Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 10:07 PM >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> Subject: VW Vendor review page - Request for reviews >> >> >> I started a VW parts vendor (NOT VW REAPIR SHOPS!!!) review page at: >> >> http://www.niftykits.com/vwpartsvendor.html >> >> If you have reviews that you would like to submit, please email the address >> on the above page. Reviews are accepted from customers (not owners, etc). >> >> Enjoy! >> >> -J >>