Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:39:13 -0500
From:         David Bohannan <fjazzbass@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: EBay (NVC)
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com>

You did what you could do...

And actually it was the best thing we possibly could do...you told someone...our community, tell everyone you know...

These folks will continue to dupe folks that are ignorant, so education is a big thing...

Thanks for taking the time to fill us all in...you did your part...

Dave

On 11/28/06, Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@gmail.com> wrote: > > I called the credit union who supposedly issued the cashier's check and > they > confirmed what I already knew - the check is bogus. So I asked if they > wanted a copy or any information. Surprisingly they didn't. They said they > have people working on this stuff already and didn't seem to be very > interested. > > So then called the Detroit FBI office ans spoke to a very nice agent. He > gave me information about reporting it to www.ic3.gov - which is an > organization that works with the FBI and other law enforcement to catch > Internet crime. He said that his office gets thousands of reports a month > and since I wasn't actually out anything he doubted they could do much. > Most > of their time is spent on cases where someone has lost money. I guess that > makes sense - not very satisfying though especially since I have this > bogus > check in my possession. > > So I filed the report online with IC3. I don't expect much to come from it > and they state flat out that they will not follow up with progress on the > case. They basically refer the stuff out to the proper agencies. > > So there we have it. The possibility to nail this person is there but > anyone > who can do anything about it is either over worked already or doesn't > really > care. > > I hope something is done before this person scams someone who doesn't > catch > on. Oh well we will see I guess. > > -- > Thanks, > > Jeff > 90' Carat (It's Blue, It's Beautiful, It needs a lot of work) > 86' (Soon to be donating organs to the 90') > 85' GL (sidelined but to be resurrected in the near future) >

-- Dave - KC9FYM http://fjazzbass.blogspot.com