Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:49:55 -0800
From:         Mike Rouby <mikerouby@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Part search request for assistance,
              81 - 83 air coolled Vanagon
Comments: To: Leslie H Schwartz <lhs_emf@PACBELL.NET>

Hi Leslie,

I have a 1982 Westfalia here in Dallas. I have a whole bunch of fuel injection parts here. For the air boot, you can use gasket maker to seal up the hole. It is very effective.

As for the other stuff, I have some stuff and you also need to call Angel - 214-271-3643

Also, email me your number and i'll send you mine, so you can see if I have what you need in my stash.

All the best.

Leslie H Schwartz <lhs_emf@PACBELL.NET> wrote: My camper is at the shop getting a rebuilt engine installed, new seals and transmission service, etc.

They say they are having problems finding two parts, and my two sources, Bus Depot and scott@europeanonly.net have not been able to respond for varied reasons. Bus Depots says check out the wrecking yards, Scott Price seems to still be on vacation.

Also, I recently moved to Dallas, its not like California where they are used to working on "vintage" vehicles.

Here is the description I have;

1) an air boot or conduit - a tube that goes from the air flow meter to the intake manifold (fuel injection type system) , my original is torn open, 81 - 83 air coolled, auto transmission

2) "oil seperator" that goes on the top of the engine

I am not a mechanic (anymore) not that I wouldn't if I could.

Information is also much appreciated.

Thank you,

Leslie Schwartz lhs_emf@pacbell.net

--------------------------------- Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.