Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:43:22 -0800
From:         jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need Help with Engine Speed Wildly Surging at Idle
Comments: To: Cary Chiang <ccc1@VOLNY.CZ>

If you hadn't already replaced the Temp II sensor, that's would I would have recommended. I have seen replacement ones that were bad from the start, so you might try another Temp II. Also, make sure contacts on the Temp II are clean.

This just screams Temp II. Disconnect it and see what happens. When I disconnect mine ('86) the idle raises to 3000 RPM.

Of course, check grounds, check grounds, and check grounds.

Finally, swap ECU.