Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Nov 2006 21:23:48 -0500
From:         neil <goofymuso@YAHOO.CA>
Subject:      Re: MY COMPUTER IS DEAD (was Calling all Coomputer Guru's)
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

You're sure it's not an internal connection/card/RAM or PS?

Just had to ask....

That's a drag. The good news is that there lots of used computers and MB's. If your tower is a common/current size, you could R&R your MB with a new/used one. If you're savvy to this kind of thing.

True a new tower might cost less, but by sourcing and installing a recognized/reliable MB/CPU/etc. that suits your needs, you stand a better chance of not having a MB failure for some time. Of course I could be eating my words if the MB that failed was a recognized reliable brand name!

For the record, I'm not a certified comuter tech. But sometimes feel I am "certifiable" for owning a Westy! (there ya go. Vanagon content!)

Best of luck!

Neil.