Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:25:39 -0700
From:         Tom <bueses@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: was: co/propane RE: propex
Comments: To: Mark Drillock <mdrillock@cox.net>
Comments: cc: Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>

On Nov 29, 2006, at 11:59 AM, Mark Drillock wrote:

> I think Tom is asking about the vertical partition that walls off > the wiring and water tank stuff from the lower storage area.

Yes. > > It is just held in by a few screws and can be put right back. It > creates some protected space for the wiring and water tank hoses > but in a wasteful manner as far a space goes. I attached flexible > plastic shields to protect the vital bits and allow me to SEE how > much water is in the tank. Then I added water to an empty tank in 2 > gal increments and marked the shield area with a line for each > increment. For shield material I used the paper thin flexible > disposable cutting "boards" sold these days, cut as needed and > screwed into the cabinet.

Cool! > > > Some years and models differ in what is down in that area. I like > to remove the partition for more storage space and so I can see the > water level in the tank when the need arises.

84 Westy-will it work on that earlier model?

TIA,

Tom B. > > Mark > > > > Bob Stevens wrote: >> " Is this something that has to be hacked, or is it returnable to >> stock?" >> Tom, in my van, the separator/partition between the upper and >> lower storage >> areas is an easily removable shelf. Even has a hole in it so you >> can just >> put your finger in it and pull it up and out. It is not a >> "secured" shelf. >> Bob Stevens >> '87 Westy Syncro >> "Passion Fruit"