Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Dec 2006 18:18:49 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon OEM tire report Yes,
              I am still using a 22 year old tire

I have been buying nothing but Michelins for my Vanagons and Syncros for the last 15 years. Several trips across country, a few up into Canada, down almost to central America, no problems. I have also tortured them on a hundred trips to Baja, no lie. A million pot holes, thousands of miles of gravel and rock roads, not so much as a flat on the road, other than a couple nails or screws picked up here and there and discovered only while parked. Twice in just the last month I have run sections of the Baja 1000 course for this year with my Syncros. Michelin LTX MS one time, Michelin LTX AT the other.

Load C is the only way to go.

I currently have 4 Vanagons I use for trips of various sorts. All have Load C Michelins. I also have a local use only hauler Vanagon with BFGs but only because I got the wheels with BFGs on them dirt cheap.

Mark