Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Dec 2006 18:07:28 -0800
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon song
Comments: To: Mike Collum <collum@verizon.net>

Where's Jim when we really need him! :)

On 12/7/06, Mike Collum <collum@verizon.net > wrote: > > Nope ... but in that you had to ask ... > > "Lucille" Based on the performance by Kenny Rogers > "Loose Wheel" Parody by Jan Unwin > Loose Wheel > > On a road in Toledo, across from the depot > I was cruising in my old heap. > It wasn't good lookin' > But I was sure bookin' > And anyway I got it dirt cheap. > Me and my old lady > Were cruising 'bout 80 > When the car really started to roar > Round the curve we were turnin', and something was burnin' > But I shoved that old gas pedal down to the floor > > In the mirror I saw something cruise down the highway > I thought how it looked out of place > It was my tire, going like fire > I had a strange look on my face > I really don't know but, it looked like a donut > For a minute I thought I was dead > I started crying, I thought we were dying > I looked out the windshield and said > > You picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel > With four old bald tires, you were such a good deal > I've had some clunkers, some really bad junkers > But you were just a great steal > You picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel > > After the collision, I made a decision > I thought how I'd lived through it all > In the glow of the headlights, I checked out the damage > You really couldn't see much at all > I started thinking, I'm glad I'm not drinking > And these words came back time after time > > You picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel > With 4 old bald tires, you were such a good deal > I've had some clunkers, some really bad junkers > But you were just a great steal > You picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel > > Mike > > Jake de Villiers wrote: > > Maybe you were thinking of the "Asleep at the Wheel" version of Bob > > Wills' 'I Saw Miles and Miles of Texas'. > > > > On 12/7/06, * Mike Collum* <collum@verizon.net > > <mailto:collum@verizon.net>> wrote: > > > > "You picked a fine time to leave me Loose Wheel" ... uh ... oh never > > > mind. > > > > Mike > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Jake > > 1984 Vanagon GL > > 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" > > www.crescentbeachguitar.com <http://www.crescentbeachguitar.com> >

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" www.crescentbeachguitar.com