Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:29:51 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Yarrrgh!!  Help - Computer Guru's needed again[NVC]

My computers are driving me crazy!!!

I have been using a little Compaq - 250mhz Cyrix, 125 mb memory, 8 gig HD. It works fine. Puts a nice image on the monitor screen. About worthless for anything but e-mail and web browsing.

I just got my big gun back - my main computer - the one on which the mother board burned a bit back - toast!!. The computer with the new board installed ran great in the shop. I saw the action of the shop's mointor.

Got the big gun home, disconnected the little Compaq, connected the bug gun, turned on the power ....... no picture!!!!!Nothing, Nada, Zip, Zilch.

I take the big gun over to the plasma TV (my buddies) hook the computer up, switch to RGB, hit the boot button, and away it goes. Boots right up, nice big Windows Logo, then Desktop on that huge TV screen.

Reconnected the little Compaq to my monitor, hit the boot button, and Windows came right up, slick as a whistle.

So! Now I have a little Compaq which will run fine, and give a nice image on my Monitor. And the Big computer works fine on the Plasma TV, but the big computer will not make an image on the regualar monitor on my desk.

So - it ain't the monitor - it works. but it won't work with my regular computer. - the big gun.

Anybody got any ideas??? The new mother board is a ASRock P4i65G with built in video controller. Video is not a separate board plugged into the mother board.

This has got me totally mystified. It's like the computer and the monitor have a "bad" going and just don't want to talk to each other.

HELP!

Please p-mail off list.

Thanks so much.

Regards,