Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:01:49 -0800
From:         Buffalo 66 <ss180ss@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tornado Red OR Metalic black?
Comments: To: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

Black looks nice, and it is easy to paint, but the body work HAS to be perfect in order for it to look nice. It's also the hardest to keep clean.

Red is a little more forgiving but it also is the most expensive as far as material costs.

Silver looks really nice IMHO, but it can be hard to spray evenly on a van that size.... one of the reasons why I'm not doing my van in silver.

I'm painting my van this winter a nice deep red. the paint costs about $325 per gallon, and I'll probably need a gallon and 1/2 to do it inside and out.

I'll document the process as I go along, but right now, I've got a few other vehicles in my shop I need ot clear out first.

Percy.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Music Unlimited Access over 1 million songs. http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited