Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:37:34 -0500
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: Tornado Red OR Metalic black?
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>

Hi Kim,

Back in 1986 I had a 72 westy that I painted black with tremclad enamel using a brush and roller. From 10' away it looked pretty good.

Since the 72 had gold vinyl upholstery, I decided to go wih gold trim on the wiper arms and headlight rings, then some gold hubcaps and a bit of pinstriping. Before I was finished it looked like a John Players Special support vehicle. Didn't hurt that it also had a 914 engine in it.

Ben, my current choice of colour would be VW's "Laser Red". LY3H is the code. Add some white accents (bumpers and roof) and your separatist buddies suddenly won't be talking to you. ;-P

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts 1973/74/75/77/79 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato" www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia www.busesofthecorn.com