Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:14:37 -0500
From:         Darren Lastfogel <vr6vanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Subaru experience...

if you like the feel of a subi. you should try a VR6 like I run in my 84 GL auto although like you said revs are kinda high but the acceleration is unbelievable. I can't wait until spring.

Darren 84 GL VR6 ( the flying brick ) 86 syncro ( K2 )

---------------------------------------- > Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:20:48 -0500 > From: huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA > Subject: The Subaru experience... > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Hey, how is everyone here doing... i miss the list! i'm a lurker now! > > So, i have been driving Hans (from www.vanaru.com) van for 20 days now, a 90 > auto Carat with nice wheel and a Subi 2.2L in good shape. > > So yesterday i was testing a rebuilt 1.9 on on a customer van.... so i went > for the same ride i do everytime i test an engine... a bit of freeway.... i > had already forgotten how underpower are those van are. Men ho men!!!! > > What a pleasure to drive that Carat with the Subi, climbing overpass, no, > accelerating on it, climbing it like a rocket ship... ok, mabe not that fast > but what a pleasure it is to finaly drive those van with normal power, the > way they should have been! > > Each morning i'm eager to jump in it and i take a detour to go to work just > to have some fun. 75-80mph easy, AND STEADY!!!! of course it rev a bit high > at that speed (about4200) with the auto trany but hey, it's a Jap engine, > it's made to rev like that... > > I like the low torque, even power range, sound, modern injection, cold start > are NOT a problem, and hey, i'm in Canada! Fuel consumption is good, not > exactly sure of it... but frankly, i don't care! hi hi hi. > > Engine fit so nice in the van. > > Well, i have tried and worked on Tico 2.0L, TDI... > Subi 2.2L and 2.5L, power wise, are overthere! far! forget about VW > engines... The 2.5L rock! (i have tried one) > > So, this was my opinion, and i should know... > > Ben > http://www.benplace.com/

_________________________________________________________________ All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial! http://www.windowsonecare.com/purchase/trial.aspx?sc_cid=wl_wlmail